Looking for that perfect romantic getaway for your honeymoon, or anniversary? Most people, when asked where they would go for a romantic getaway think of places like the Bahamas, Jamaica, Hawaii, some Caribbean Islands or cities like Paris, but you may be surprised at the beautiful and diverse locations for romance that Mexico can offer.
Mexico … the perfect places to celebrate your love.
Indeed Mexico can offer some of the most variety in locales. You can find romance in any of their tropical beach locales to enjoy the passions that sun, sand and surf elicits – or fall in love with the idea of experiencing an exciting and thrilling adventure in one of its historic Mayan rainforest’s. Additionally Mexico can also offer some peaceful mountainous respites to ensure unlimited time to explore nature and one another.
Mazatlan – for those seeking relaxation, history, adventure or a romantic getaway.
If you are looking for rejuvenating retreat from the work-a-day world, consider running away to beautiful Mazatlan on the pacific coast. The food here, especially the seafood is excellent with many restaurants located right on the beach.
1. Take a taxi to Centro Histórico (Old Mazatlán) for some tasty fish tacos. Perfect for watching sunsets with the one you love.
2. Take a walk at Mazatlán’s gorgeous 4 mile boardwalk decorated with several unique and beautiful statues and monuments.
3. Watch the sunrise or sunset at “El Faro” the lighthouse, jaw-dropping views await you.
4. Don´t miss a visit to the Aquarium as it is one of the best in Mexico.
Visit our tips for the best romantic hotels and resorts in Mazatlan!
Btw. best times to visit Mazatlán are in spring from April to May and fall from October to November, just in between the rainy summer and hectic expensive winter season.
Cabo San Lucas – vitality and nightlife, trendy restaurants and lively beaches.
If you are looking for some party action on your romantic getaway, Cabo San Lucas can provide nonstop excitement. Located at the tip of the Baja peninsula at Calle Guerrero, Cabo is Sammy Hagar’s (The Red Rocker) adopted home and boasts Sammy’s own club, Cabo Wabo Cantina. Cabo Wabo offers good eats, fantastic margaritas and an amazing house band!
There are many other places to sample libations and dance the night away like “Uno Mas?” and the “Monkey Business Bar”, but don’t worry, there are also many quiet, romantic spots to dine at while watching the amazing sunset.
Romantic restaurant tip: Sunset da Mona Lisa is one of the most romantic restaurants you will find. It offers fantastic fresh seafood and Italian cousin along with breathtaking views and an awe-inspiring atmosphere.
Daytime activities, such as horseback riding, dolphin and whale watching, as well as snorkeling, can also be a great time for just the two of you to enjoy quality time together.
Top beaches in Cabo San Lucas:
- Chileno Beach is a beautiful beach to relax and tan, but not too crowded.
- Playa del Amor is great for snorkelling and just laying around and soaking in the sun and beauty of this beach!
- Land’s End is by far the most impressive attraction Cabo San Lucas has to offer, a spectacular natural landmark like no other. Best place to see the arch is at Playa del Divorcio. The beach is great for sunbathing and relaxing, but dangerous to swim because of the strong currents and crashing waves.
See the most romantic hotels & resorts in Cabo San Lucas!
Maybe your idea of a perfect romantic vacation is being pampered and catered to in a luxurious hotel suite. There are all sorts of top resorts throughout Mexico and many will have getaway packages that are meant to dazzle you with opulence and decadent service.