Stunning mountains, clear lakes, dense woods and abundant wildlife, there are countless attractions that make lovely Romantic Getaways in Arkansas for lovers and couples. You can opt to hit a thriving city like Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Eureka Springs, or Little Rock.
You can soak in one of Hot Spring’s thermal pools, or simply spend an evening watching the sun set from one of the historic vantage points. If you opt to spend your time doing something completely different, head over to one of Arkansas’ geological locations where you can dig for diamonds together.
From the Ozark Mountains to downtown Little Rock, there are lots of Romantic Getaways in Arkansas.
My tip for Weekend Getaways in Arkansas for couples: spring down to Eureka Springs, Arkansas to stay at “Heartstone Inn and Cottages”. Southern hospitality mixes with Victorian charm awaits you at this charming B&B which is also listed with the National Register of Historic Places.
Enjoy the many pictures, check the prices & reviews of this truly charming weekend getaway in Arkansas.
Situated in the historic district of Eureka Springs, Heartstone Inn and Cottages provides a great and convenient setting. The views on the backside of the property are gorgeous. The charming building is listed with the National Register of Historic Places. The “Trolley” is the best and inexpensive way to get around Eureka Springs and you can catch it right outside the Inn.
Most Romantic Getaways in Arkansas Ozarks
The Ozark Mountains are full of wildlife, sparkling clear rivers and lakes, and romantic sunsets followed by brilliant night skies.
Arkansas romantic getaways and scenic routes. Touring through the Ozark Mountains is one of the most scenic drives you can imagine, especially in autumn. Here are two road trips for you:
- Follow Arkansas Highway 7 Scenic Byway through the Boston Mountains from Buffalo to Russellville, AR.
- Drive Highway 14 through the Ozark National Forest between Mountainview and Yellville, AR.
If you are not interested in the “normal” Arkansas Weekend Getaways.
Romantic getaways in Arkansas: Cabins
For an out of the ordinary stay, the Treehouses in Eureka Springs definitely offers the unique and unexpected. Here you can not only sleep in original tree-houses, but also underground in Hobbit Caves or in medieval inspired castles. This is the perfect place for an unforgettable honeymoon and a very special place for weekend getaways in Arkansas for couples.
Take a look at the pictures and read what other travelers have to say about theEureka Springs Treehouses!
Some tips for trips around Eureka Springs:
Visit graceful Thorncrown Chapel (see image above), Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge with over 130 exotic cats and other wildlife on display, take the trek to scenic Beaver Lake, the beautiful and serene Blue Spring Heritage Center, for train fanatics the Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway is a must.
More tips for neat and romantic getaways in Arkansas to relax, unwind and enjoy quality time as a couple.
Thermal baths and hot tubs – enjoy Hot Springs Arkansas romantic getaways.
- Visit Hot Springs, the Spa City! The 140°F degree natural hot springs are a the biggest attraction here, and you can relax in the soothing water at various spa and mineral baths, including Buckstaff Bathhouse Co. on Bathhouse Row.
- If that isn´t romantic enough, take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage through Hot Springs historic downtown. Or enjoy a romantic sunset dinner cruise aboard the “Belle of Hot Springs” riverboat.
- Did you know that Arkansas boasted the country’s first weekend resorts in the U.S.? In 1832 the Hot Springs National Park became the first federally protected national park.
- Take The National Park Duck Tours for an entertaining tour that takes you over land and water through the Spa City’s beautiful historic downtown and on to scenic Lake Hamilton.
- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend! So go for mining adventures and gemstone hunting. Did you know that Arkansas has the only public crystal mine where you can dig for a real diamond? It´s located at the Crater of Diamonds in Murfreesboro, Arkansas, where you can hunt across a 37-acre field for gems and crystals. The “Coleman’s Miller Mtn. Mine” outside Hot Springs is open all week and you can dig for quartz crystals from dawn to dusk. You simply pay $10 as fixed price each day to dig at the mine and keep whatever you find. And you can either bring your own digging tools or purchase tools at the mine’s store.
Looking for romantic getaways in Little Rock Arkansas?
- Old Mill Park is probably one of the most romantic spots in Little Rock. It became famous in the movie Gone With the Wind, the quiet and beautiful garden and setting is a great spot for a lovely romantic picnic.
- River Market is a fun indoor market and provides lots of activity. Go and shop for crafts and collectables, and try the ethnic dishes and different foods.
- If you’re brave enough to make an attempt, you can lace up your skates and go to the Arkansas Skatium to have a fun night out on the ice with your loved one!
- Get fancy with a riverboat cruise and enjoying a formal dinner date on board the “Arkansas Mark Twain” while floating on the river.
- Laugh together! Visit Murry’s Dinner Playhouse where you and your date can have live entertainment during your meal.
What are maybe the most romantic getaways in Arkansas?
If you and your sweetheart meld together like two drops of water awash in the river of love, there’s no better place for a marriage proposal than in front of a cascading waterfall. Imagine starting a new chapter of your life or celebrating your anniversary at an exotic waterfall with wildflowers, far away from the trappings of civilization. Actually there are dozens of waterfalls and cascades throughout the state, certain ones especially lend themselves to a waterside wedding.
My tip - like being in another world!Click to read more about the Longbow cabin.
What is the best time for romantic getaways in Arkansas? Definitely spring and fall, with comfortable temperatures and great colors. Summers in Arkansas can get a bit too warm and humid.
If hiking is on your summer bucket list than this Arkansas wall map sure has a lot to show! Arkansas state park poster digital download
Hope you enjoyed our ideas for weekend getaways in Arkansas, stay tuned for more and check out our other posts on weekend getaways in the south.